As a teenager, I was diagnosed with a form of Muscular Dystrophy, called "Polymiositis" . This condition characterized by constant inflammation of my muscles was definitely a challenge. Through the love of my family, dedicated doctors, and an incredible will, I overcame the odds and healed from the experience. This pivotable event forged the beginnings of a fitness career, fueled by passion and determination, and here I am, still going strong 30 years later.
"Fitness consists of making small positive changes to your routine until the unhealthy habits are gone."
Jeff McMullen has spent 30 years as a professional in the fitness industry. A former collegiate cheerleader, regional aerobic champion, and national aerobic competitor, Jeff is the Regional Group Fitness Manager for EQUINOX Fitness Clubs in Northern California. In addition to creating his own signature classes, he has been featured in over 20 fitness DVD’s; is a contributing writer for American Fitness Magazine and IDEA Fitness Journal. Jeff is currently a Master Trainer for ActivMotion™, AXLE Workout™, Barre Above™, Jumpsport® Fitness; and a Senior Course instructor for TRX®. In addition, he is Lululemon Ambassador alumnus; and has presented workshops internationally for SCW Fitness, DCAC, Fit Fest, Fitness Fest, CanFitPro and IDEA World. CERTIFICATIONS: ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NASM
• ACE: Group Fitness Instructor Certification since 2002
• ACSM: Health / Fitness Instructor since 2003
• ACSM Member – since 2003
• ActivMotion: Master Trainer since 2014
• AEA: Aquatic Fitness Professional Certification since 2009
• AFAA: Aerobic Instructor Certification since 1992
• American Red Cross: CPR/ AED certified since 1982
• NASM: Certified Personal Trainer since 2003
• TRX Training: GTC Master Trainer since 2009, R4 Course Instructor since 2011, GRTCCourse Instructor since 2012
• IDEA Member – since 1997
• JumpSport® Fitness Trampoline - Master Trainer since 2010
• PhysicalMind Institute: Pilates Mat Certification since 2001
• Savvier: Barre Above/ Tabata Bootcamp - Master Trainer since 2014